Road Scholars on an Eduvacation!
Yes, we're moving on again, but this time like we mean it. In an RV.

Monday, December 1, 2014

It's been six months!

It's our sixth month anniversary of becoming full time travelers! Six months ago, on June 1st we pulled our beloved Falkor out of our Washington driveway, and drove 20 minutes to our first home. What an exciting day that was. It was nerve-wracking and thrilling and freeing. Now we're in Charleston South Carolina, pretty much the complete opposite of Washington and today was spent on a gorgeous beach splashing in the warmer waters of the Atlantic ocean and digging holes in the super-fine sand.

What an adventure these first month have been! I think I've made more memories than I have in years. It's now a normal occurrence to not remember what state I was in last week. I noticed recently that most of my stories start off with trying to remember where the memory was made. We've celebrated 4 birthdays (5 counting Mom's birthday tomorrow.), stayed in 14 states, sung Let it Go and played football in 14 states, slept in 27 parks, earned lots of Jr. Ranger badges, baked many yummies, seen beautiful sights and landscapes, witnessed Autumn 20 times over (seriously we've been in Autumn for like four months) and we've had pretty much the best time of our lives. I have learned so much about life, myself, history, the world, everything! I think we all have, and I think we're so much better for it. I am so thankful for this life and I enjoy it ever single day.
Here's to another six months and many many more!!

No comments: